Answer : Ben the master kettle corn maker to the rescue!
For some reason, kettle corn making completely eludes me. Every single time, I end up with a stinky burnt mass of semi-popped corn. Man Candy, on the other hand, is some kind of popcorn wizard; this is greatly appreciated by a reluctant dessert-maker such as myself. One of the best things about popcorn is that it is completely customizable. You can toss almost anything you want in with it and come out with something that is at least sort of edible.
So kettle corn. The delicious stand-by dessert.
Bacon/rosemary kettle corn
Serves 2? 3? 4? Makes a medium bowl of popcorn.
- 1/2 Cup popcorn (not popped)
- 1/4 Cup oil (we use canola)
- 1/3 Cup sugar (we use half white sugar, half raw sugar for crunch)
- 2 strips bacon, sliced into little pieces
- Bunch of rosemary, to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
Photos by Ben : heliotrope.ucsd.edu